Currently, various services are offered in accordance with the needs of the elderly. The home care of the necessity proposal taking into account that the personal and family circumstances and offering comprehensive care. Generally these services are organized as follows:
- Personal care. The professional caregivers of a home help service take care of the person’s hygiene, food, clothing, etc.
- Attention to the needs of the home (cleaning, organization of clothes, food, food or laundry services at home, etc.).
- Promotion of personal autonomy and prevention of dependence, facilitating permanence in the usual environment. For example, accompaniment in leisure and free time activities or advice on healthy lifestyle habits.
- Through a device the continuous contact of the elderly person is maintained, ensuring that any physical, social or psychological need is met and preventing some situations such as falls.
- Health care such as nursing or medical services
- Other specialized services such as psychologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, nutritionists, etc
In short, home care agencies near me aims to support the elderly who need it in their daily lives, thus maintaining their well-being and quality of life. It also allows, as we have already said, the permanence of the person in your home if you wish. Finally, we want to highlight that home care must respect the elderly, their wishes, interests or hobbies. And those professionals who work in this sector must do so from the respect, good treatment and maintenance of the dignity of the people they serve.
What are the main benefits of home care for dependents
Let yourself be helped and hire the services of professional caregivers. They are experts in home care for dependents and know how to make the difficult a little easier.
Logistic Assistance Services
Other facilities that include home care for dependents is to have someone to accompany them to the doctor or another site they need or, if they have to spend the night or several days in the hospital and their families cannot do so 24 hours a day, He will take care of watching over them and taking care of them so that they don’t lack anything.
And if your loved one should take so many pills that neither you clarify when or which at what time, consider hiring reminders and notices. Super useful and practical!
Physical and intellectual stimulation services
And last but not least, rather the opposite, a good professional caregiver will do everything possible to stimulate the elderly, either encouraging him to go for a walk or simply giving him conversation so he feels loved and heard.
They will probably spend quite a few hours together and a very close bond of trust and familiarity will be created between the caregiver and the dependent person. In home care for dependents, it is so beneficial that the corresponding health care be applied, such as treating them with sensitivity, respect and understanding.
As you have been able to intuit throughout this article, people who receive home health care benefit from certain privileges that do not have others who prefer residences or choose to go to live at the home of children or other family members.
The main benefit is undoubtedly that they have personalized professional care without leaving home. They can continue in their usual environment, where they will receive the necessary help to develop their daily routines. Thus, they have greater freedom and independence and that is highly positive to increase their self-esteem.
It has been shown that people who are treated at home have a greater ease of recovery and a greater life expectancy.